- Select the most appropriate composite materials for the construction of offshore platforms using criteria based on the mechanical behavior and cost/performance ratio.
- Analyze the most appropriate manufacturing technologies to manufacture the structural components of the offshore platforms. With the aim to reduce the manufacturing costs, modular construction techniques along with advanced technologies for joining/dismantling the modules will be promoted.
- Design two offshore platforms using the composite materials and manufacturing technologies selected throughout the project. In the design of these platforms, the platforms “TIDETEC TURBINE” and “W2POWER” previously designed in steel will be used as a reference.
- Develop structural health monitoring and maintenance solutions for the structural components of the Floating Offshore Wind Platform.
- Develop design guidelines, as well as recommendations for the construction of the two marine platforms of the project.
In this project, TSI will act as leader of one of the work packages, where it will be in charge of redesigning the fiber-based elements of the tidal power generation device, mainly the housing of the TIDETEC tidal turbine. Apart from that, TSI will be responsible for the development of a structural health monitoring (SHM) system to evaluate the damage state of the fiber-based structural components integrated into the W2Power offshore platform, which are in this case the two towers that link the wind turbines with the semi-submersible. Additionally, TSI will participate in the execution of other tasks corresponding to other work packages such as the development of multifunctional composite materials, as well as the validation of the structural health monitoring systems during the sea trials of the 1:6 scale prototype of the W2Power tower.