We develop the best technological solution for each project
All the knowledge and experience in the field of Noise and Vibrations accumulated over the years through the execution of projects to a large number of customers enabled the creation of an R&D department to fulfil with the medium and long-term objectives of product development, engineering services, technological advances, and technical capabilities with high added value. These actions allowed to the company to access new markets and expand the capabilities of their internal network of multidisciplinary experts, which facilitates the development of new technological challenges of innovation.
a perfect symbiosis is promoted between the R&D Team and the Engineering Team within the company. On one hand, this symbiosis supposes for the R&D team a deeper understanding of the market needs as well as the latest engineering problems and technical solutions offered in our industrial activities. On the other hand, this symbiosis is essential to updated the Engineering Team with the latest innovations, advances, and products developed by the R&D department, which can be included in the company engineering services.
Underwater Radiated Noise and its Mitigation:
- Continuously expanding knowledge of URN and the behaviour of noise sources on board ship.
- Optimisation of the methodology for predicting URN emitted by ships. Extension of knowledge related to the emission of noise generated by the propeller.
- Continuous improvement and optimization of the URN measurement system and noise sources on board.
- Obtaining transfer functions between the offboard URN acoustic signature with respect to the main onboard noise sources by means of an on-board monitoring system.
- Extension of URN database of ships, extending it to floating and fixed offshore structures.
- Promotion of the harmonisation of measurement methodologies and post-processing of data provided by regulatory bodies.
- Engage maritime stakeholders in this technology to make them aware of this issue and the impact that it is producing in the marine fauna.
Cavitation Detection by Vibration Monitoring:
- Improvement and refinement of the system to obtain the identification of the type of cavitation according to the level of vibrations.
- Optimization of the cavitation detection system installation.
- Optimization of user interface and other possible improvements based on feedback from current customers.
Monitoring of Industrial Assets and Application of Industry 4.0:
- Optimization of industrial asset monitoring methodology based on industry 4.0 tools and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
- Design optimization of structural health monitoring (SHM) systems and rotating machines. Application to industrial facilities, ships and renewable floating offshore platforms.
- Improvement of the methodology for obtaining and selecting data (KPIs) for Digital Twin Models
- Maintenance 4.0: Condition-based maintenance (CBM) and possibility of applying Predictive Maintenance (PDM) to ships, shipyards and other industrial assets.
- Deepening the use of composite materials: Taking advantage of knowledge in the design of ships and structures in composite materials.
- Leveraging the knowledge base of monitoring and application of innovative industry 4.0 and Internet of Things tools for the development of new maintenance methodologies.
- Optimization of data analysis and condition-based maintenance (CBM) methodologies for main machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- Development of predictive maintenance (PDM) applied to ships (vessel 4.0), shipyards (shipyard 4.0) and other industrial facilities.
Composite Materials Based on Fibre:
- Optimization of structural design processes of fibre-based vessels.
- Development of design methodology of renewable floating offshore platforms.
- Use of acquired knowledge for the optimisation of structural health monitoring (SHM) methodology. Optimisation of delamination identification by means of vibrations.
- Expansion of knowledge derived from the use of composite materials. Engage maritime stakeholders in this technology to make them aware of its benefits and the positive impact that it can produce to shipbuilding and shipping according to the European Green Deal and the objective of Zero-Emission by 2050.
The projects referred to are briefly described below:
Promotion of Synergies and Networking
After decades of work in the Shipping and Shipbuilding sector with outstanding results for different sort of clients, TSI have been broadening its network of companies as a valuable and trusted partner to develop specific and innovative engineering solutions to overcome the challenges of the industry. TSI and its partnership network have been continuously active in R&D activities and projects, thanks to their common strategy in being innovative and disruptive with the idea of improving its industrial and research capabilities.
+ More Information
- International conferences: OMAE, TRA, OCEANS, OCEANOISE, COPINAVAL-CIDIN, etc.
- Fincantieri URN workshops – Trieste, 2014 – April & November 2018
- IMO URN Workshops – Transport Canada – London & Vancouver, Feb & November 2019
- IMO SDC7 – London 2020
- E-LASS seminars – Vigo & Bremen, April 2019 & January 2020
- Several Spanish conferences and seminars engaging policy makers and stakeholders in Spain regarding the need of control N&V and URN of vessels
TSI is used to collaborate with different organizations (large companies, SMEs, research centres, universities, etc.) in order to search for European funding to address R&D projects and promote competitive consortiums. These consortiums must be able to fulfill the selected scope of the project in the best way, which gives an idea of the importance of the proper selection of partners. Knowing R&D programs, its mechanisms and how to obtain the approval of the proposals to carry out projects is mandatory to prepare winning projects. TSI is capable to perform these actions and participate in European funding projects.